TOPIC: Vina Awesome Image Slider

Vina Awesome Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #138

• Rango
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 115
Vina Awesome Image Slider is a free responsive image slider for Joomla 3 with many features: 22 Transition Effects (Collage, Photo, Domino, Page, Rotate, Blur, Flip, Blast, Fly, Blinds, Squares, Slices, Basic, Fade, Ken Burns...), Unlimited Images, Fully Responsive... It uses a light version of jQuery mobile, you can navigate the slides by swiping with your fingers. Being compatible with most of the browsers and all devices Vina Awesome Image Slider is a perfect choice for your portfolio banner. Have an easy to control the module displaying via simple parameters, you can do everything as you like and let your client see your site in a impression way.

Main Features:
- 22 Transition Effects: Collage, Photo, Domino, Page, Rotate, Blur, Flip, Blast, Fly, Blinds, Squares, Slices, Basic, Fade, Ken Burns...
- Unlimited Image: Vina Awesome Image Slider support unlimited image. Very easy to add new, remove and order image.
- Infinitely looping: Loop through your slides endlessly in both directions.
- Fully Responsive: Vina Awesome Image Slider can be scaled to any size at realtime.
- Mobile Device Optimized: Vina Awesome Image Slider works on any javascript enabled browser, including Windows Phone, iOS, Android and Opera Mobile etc.
- Cross Browser, All Browsers Supported: Vina Awesome Image Slider is cross browser slider, all browsers are supported (IE 6+, Firefox 2+, Chrome 3+, Safari 3+, Opera 10+, iOS Safari, Opera Mobile, Android Browser, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows Surface etc.).
- Prev/Next controls, Bullet navigation, Customizable speed, delay, size etc.
- Support Multi-Language; Support Multi-Module in the same page.
- Totally customizable and skinnable using HTML and CSS. To manipulate almost everything!

Demo - Download - Documentation
No pain no gain! Accept the pain, future will be fruitful!
The topic has been locked.

Vina Jssor Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #147

• ray
  • Orders: 0
  • Download: 0
  • Thank you received: 1
First, let me just thank you for your dedicated work and quick responses to the issues brought up, here.

I do have a problem, though. I have now experimented with Chrome, FF, IE & Opera on Windows desktop and Android mobile devices, but I see the same on all of them.

It doesn't seem to matter which effect I select, I always get the same one - horizontal sliding. Could this be to do with my site being https by default? Please see goaheadspace dot com.

I already truly appreciate your work but I would appreciate being able to use a fade effect for my slider, even more.

Vina Jssor Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #148

• Rango
  • Administrator
Hello Tarotray,

Thank you for using our module.
I've checked your website and see you are using: Vina Awesome Image Slider not Vina Jssor Image Slider. So i've moved your post to right topic.
About the problem in your website, i think it's problem with jQuery conflict. Your website is loading 2 jQuery library (One from your template, one from Joomla core)
Please try solve jQuery conflict, then check our module again. (I'm suggest you should remove jQuery from your template)

Best regards.

Vina Awesome Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #149

• ray
Thank you so much, Rango. You are right about me using the wrong topic. Sorry about that.
People are right to praise you on this forum for your quick responses, even though the module is free.
In time, I shall look into your paid extensions, which look interesting.
I'm sure you are right about it being a jQuery conflict.
Since posting, I noticed that the Klixxo Articles Slider that I use on the same page, also stops functioning, when Vina Awesome is also loaded.
When Klixxo was disabled, the transition effects were not re-instated.
When Awesome was disabled, Klixxo worked again.
I must say I'm a bit confused as to what I should disable.
My template code looks like this:
<script>if ('undefined' != typeof jQuery) document._artxJQueryBackup = jQuery;</script>
<script src="<?php echo $templateUrl; ?>/jquery.js"></script>
<script>jQuery.noConflict();</script>
and, on another line:
<script>if (document._artxJQueryBackup) jQuery = document._artxJQueryBackup;</script>
I told Klixxo not to load the jQuery library it uses (which is an option there).
The instructions for the check box that does that are: Load the JQuery Library with the module. This module needs JQuery 1.51 or above to function properly. Keep this option checked, unless your Joomla template already loads the JQuery library.
Can you please advise as to how I can prevent the template from loading jQuery.
Will that effect pages that do not have Vina Awesome loaded in them?

Vina Awesome Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #151

• Rango
  • Administrator
Hello Tarotray,

Joomla! 3.x has also introduced jQuery as a core feature. Third party extensions no longer require to load jQuery, because it is already shipped with Joomla!
So i'm suggest your should remove all code to load jQuery from your template. Please try to remove 2 lines:
<script src="<?php echo $templateUrl; ?>/jquery.js"></script>
<script>jQuery.noConflict();</script>
Please try do it and check again.

Best regards.

Vina Awesome Image Slider 9 years 10 months ago #155

• ray
I removed all the template code that refers to jQuery - all 4 lines. I cleared server and browser cache.

However, when I look into the source code, the references to jQuery.min.js, jquery-noconflict.js and jquery-migrate.min.js are still there. Joomla! or something else is putting them there.

There is a further problem. I referenced 8 banners in the configuration, but only 4 banners show up.

My Klixxo slider still doesn't function and the transitions still do not work.

I shall be unable to deal with this, for the next few days, so I am left with the choice of putting the old un-responsive slider back or not having my Klixxo portfolio slider working or to leave it as it is. For now, I am taking the first option and come back to the problem, later.

BTW: There are also 3 places where the HTML5 standards are broken by your component:
1) each slide has five un-escaped ampersands in its url.
2) each slide image is missing the alt attribute. It should be easy to set this as the same as the title.
3) The style element is place inside the module. The module is always bounded by a div. HTML5 does not allow a style element with a div element.

Please look again at my web-site and do a w3c validation on it or look at the source code in FF. There are 50 errors, 49 of which are caused by the Vina Awesome Image Slider. see: validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F...m%2Fweb%2F;verbose=1

BTW: I'm not a complainer, just giving what I would see as constructive and useful criticism.

I'll leave it as it is for a few hours, but must switch back to the old slider, later tonight. :-(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rango
Leather Purses & Handbags, Women’s Crossbody Bags, Tote Bags for Women, Leather Backpacks, Men’s Wallets & Card Cases, Official OLEVS Website, OLEVS Couple Watches, OLEVS Women's Watches, OLEVS Men's Watches, OLEVS Watch, OLEVS Watches